In this article, we will discuss HTML symbols. Utilizing entities, you can add symbols instead of typing them into your keyboard.
HTML Symbol Entities
In the last chapter, we examined HTML entities.
Traditional keyboards do not contain numerous symbols associated with mathematics, technology, and currency.
Presenting the euro symbol, â‚¬, with an entity’s name, a decimal, and a hexadecimal value:
Here is an example of copyright symbol with an entity’s name and a hexadecimal value when it comes to HTML symbols:
Here is an example of Reg symbol with an entity’s name and a hexadecimal value:
Here is an example of Trade Mark symbol with an entity’s name and a hexadecimal value in HTML symbols:
Some Mathematical Symbols Supported by HTML
|âˆ‰||∉||∉||NOT AN ELEMENT OF|
|âˆ‹||∋||∋||CONTAINS AS MEMBER|
We have a full chapter dedicated to math references.
Some Greek Letters Supported by HTML
|Î–||Ζ||Ζ||GREEK CAPITAL LETTER ZETA|
|Î’||Β||Β||GREEK CAPITAL LETTER BETA|
|Î‘||Α||Α||GREEK CAPITAL LETTER ALPHA|
|Î”||Δ||Δ||GREEK CAPITAL LETTER DELTA|
|Î•||Ε||Ε||GREEK CAPITAL LETTER EPSILON|
|Î“||Γ||Γ||GREEK CAPITAL LETTER GAMMA|
A full chapter is devoted to Greek references.
Some Other Entities Supported by HTML
|â™¥||♥||♥||BLACK HEART SUIT|
|â™||♠||♠||BLACK SPADE SUIT|
|â™£||♣||♣||BLACK CLUB SUIT|
|â™¦||♦||♦||BLACK DIAMOND SUIT|
Below are some chapters you may find interesting:
- Currency References
- Arrows References
- Symbols References
Advantages of HTML Symbols
There are multiple benefits to using HTML symbols, also called character entities. Such as:
- Firstly, they are compatible with all types of web browsers and operating systems, ensuring consistent display across various devices.
- Secondly, these symbols can enhance accessibility for people who rely on assistive technologies, such as visually impaired users who can better comprehend content with symbols such as “≠” indicating “not equal to”.
- Thirdly, HTML symbols provide a uniform way to represent special characters and symbols, which ensures that content appears the same on different platforms and fonts.
- Additionally, using HTML symbols can enhance the readability of content by dividing long blocks of text and allowing readers to easily scan for important information.
- Lastly, HTML symbols are user-friendly and save time and effort by eliminating the need to type out full names or codes for special characters or symbols.